District 5 United strives to improve the quality of life in East San Jose and citywide as necessary. We facilitate communication between decision-makers and community members.
How do we do this?
- We hold Community Meetings that are open to the public where elected officials or their staff, City & County Departments, other governmental departments and other resource institutions are invited to provide presentations, updates on specific topics, hear community concerns, and answer community member questions.
- We implement Online Surveys to collect feedback from the community on specific topics, sharing responses with the community, elected officials, and other decision-makers.
- We implement Online Petitions to provide opportunities for community members to share their concerns/provide input on specific topics directly to elected officials.
- We host Candidate Forums during election seasons to provide opportunities for the community to hear from candidates running for office, with opportunities for audience questions.
- We host Public Forums on specific topics with decision-makers and service providers to voice community concerns and get detailed information and options for community support.
- We host an annual District 5 Heroes Event to recognize local heroes nominated by community members in recognition of their contributions to improving the lives of the East San Jose Community.
- Invitations to participate in Meetings, Surveys, Petitions, Forums, and Events are sent to everyone on the District 5 United email list and are posted on social media and the District 5 United website. All activities are open to anyone, as many topics are relevant to both City and County residents.
About District 5 United
Formed in 2011 by a group of volunteers, District 5 United was created to foster communication and improve the quality of life in East San Jose. District 5 United is an informal nonprofit, not a nonprofit with 501(c)3 status. District 5 United does not provide services and is not a coalition, PAC, or an association.